- 1 large egg
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 36 portions; set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth. Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls. Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs for coating. Place cracker crumbs in another bowl. Dip meatballs into eggs, then coat with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs until meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
1 ball: 75 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.