Nacho Triangles with Salsa-Ranch Dipping Sauce
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 32 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 5-7 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in cheeses, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, jalapeno and the chipotle pepper; set aside.
- Place 1 sheet phyllo dough on a work surface; brush lightly with butter. Cover with another sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut the 2 layered sheets into three 14x3-in. strips. Place 1 tablespoon filling about 1 inch from corner of each strip. Fold 1 corner of dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you reach the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and brush top with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Combine ranch dressing and salsa; serve with triangles.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled triangles in freezer containers. To use, reheat triangles on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until crisp and heated through.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 8, 2020
Our family loved these! They're crispy and the salsa ranch dip is to die for. In response to the comments below, a box of phyllo dough has around 40 sheets of dough. It has 2 rolls inside the box but each of those rolls has 16-20 sheets each. You only need one box to make these! Also, there's only one tablespoon of filling in each triangle. All the folds are so the filling gets wrapped in lots of yummy crunchy layers of phyllo and the folding process eventually gives you the triangle shape.
Dec 28, 2019
I also am confused, I bought what I thought were all the ingredients to make this tonight.I did not notice it said 32 sheets of fillo dough!! At 2 sheets per box, and $4.50 per box would be $72.00. Something apparently is not right. Too bad I was looking forward to making them, I guess I am going to have to come up with something else.
Nov 20, 2019
I’m a little confused about when/how to add the next tablespoon of filling...after the first triangle fold or 2nd. When do you cut the separate triangles. Confusing instructions, or maybe it’s just me?