Veggie Appetizer Squares
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/4 cups pepper Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Press pizza dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, salad dressing, garlic powder, parsley and salt until blended.
- Spread over crust. Top with the onions, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, celery and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Sep 10, 2013
This was scrumptious! Not only that, but it made an outstanding presentation! I cheated though and used two 12-ounce bags of frozen veggies that included broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. I microwaved them long enough to get the chill off before placing them on the crust though. I pureed a yellow bell pepper to include for some more color. Also, I couldn't find shredded Pepper Jack cheese, so I used slices ... just layed them flat on the crust before adding the dressing mixture. I'm going to try making it with crescent rolls next time since the pizza crust was a little thick for our liking. The Ranch Dressing gives it just enough zip! My non-vegetable-eating family ate this up!
Aug 3, 2012
It's me again, once I bake the crescent, I let it cool and than add cream cheese mixture and top with vegetables and cheese but I don't bake it again. I serve as is, cold. Try it, you'll like it.
Aug 3, 2012
Since 1992 I have been making this. A friend brought it over one Christmas night and I've been making it ever since. I also like to "finely" chop the vegetables. People who normally doesn't care for veggies will eat this. It taste so good. I will vary on the type of cheese I use, sometimes its sharp cheddar or whatever tickles your fancy. People always asks for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.