Apple Snack Squares
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chips.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2016
Very, very good. It's a moist and dense desert. Loved it and will be sure to make for my next potluck and take copies of the recipe.
Jan 21, 2014
Nov 18, 2013
Very nutritious... Easy to prepare . I will prepare it again
Nov 18, 2013
Really great and easy recipe.. Just loved it :)
Nov 4, 2013
Made these this weekend with some apples I was given. Very tasty, easy to make and not overly sweet. Would make a good dessert to make if you pack lunches.
Oct 25, 2013
Very delicious , quick and easy dessert or snack to make!
Jun 2, 2013
One of my go to recipes for potlucks. It's a great easy recipe, that's different than the normal brownies or cookies people bring. A keeper!
Apr 30, 2013
Simple yet tasty! A small serving goes a long way with this dense, sweet treat.
Apr 9, 2013
I absolutely love these bars. I have been making these for our harvest crew during harvest time for a couple years now and all the guys just love them. Great alternative to the usual cookie.
Oct 20, 2012
This turned out fantastic. Will definitely make again!