Asparagus Snack Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; set the tips aside. Add remaining asparagus to skillet; saute until crisp-tender. Add asparagus tips and pepper; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender.
- Press dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 23, 2011
This was such a hit with my husband who is very honest whenever I make a new recipe. One of his first comments was "You can definitely make this again!" It is also very good as a side dish with almost any type of entree.
May 1, 2011
May 1, 2011
very good as is
May 10, 2010
Even the men liked this one. It was very good. Just a nice and different snack. And not too rich, just right. Will make this again during the summer with fresh asparagus.
May 6, 2010
Was the spread you used one from the store or one you made yourself? If from the store, could you give the brand name. If you made it yourself, would you share the recipe?
Mar 17, 2009
I put a garlic & herb spread on the crust before adding the asparagus mixture. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.