Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 dozen flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green taco sauce
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Soften tortillas in the hot oil 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Blend in flour. Whisk in chicken broth, cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and taco sauce. Keep warm but do not boil. Divide the chicken, 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and all but 2 tablespoons of the onions over the 12 tortillas. Arrange asparagus over filling with the tips extending beyond the tortillas. Top each with 2 tablespoons sauce. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with reserved sauce and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese and return to the oven just until melted. Garnish with olives and reserved onions. Serve with additional green taco sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 526 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
May 29, 2014
FANTASTIC! I used green enchilada sauce instead of green salsa because that is what I had on hand. This dish was delicious! I plan to make it again, but I think I will cut the asparagus into bite size pieces and mix them in instead of laying them over the chicken mixture. It will make it easier to serve.
Mar 12, 2012
Very good and easy. What i did cooked the chicken early in the day and the things needed to be cooked. And cleaned the Asparagus. Then laid them all on the counter and went from thee. Only took me about 20 minutes.
Jun 22, 2011
I didn't manage to follow the recipe exactly, because I was trying to halve it and wound up using more cheese than it called for. I also substitued enchilada sauce for the green taco sauce. It still turned out absolutely delicious, and as my friend said it's going on the "keep and make again" list.
May 4, 2011
Very Good very easy to make. Wondering Why it took 1-1/2 hours to make.
Oct 25, 2010
Really good! Took me an 1 1/2 hours to make but worth the time. My friends and husband seemed to enjoy as well. Im always on the lookout for different things and this fits that!
Jun 29, 2009
May 3, 2009
Everyone in the family loved these. I did heat the tortillas in the microwave instead of on the stove. Easier, and less calories. Added this to my list of favorites!