Bacon & Swiss Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side Top with cheese during the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, until toasted, 30-60 seconds. Serve chicken on buns with bacon, mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 410 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Apr 26, 2018
What tasty sandwiches! The sauce really makes them good.
Mar 16, 2018
I made this as-written, except with turkey bacon, and it was good.
Aug 16, 2017
This is one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever eaten. Only alteration I made was to add some sauteed mushrooms.
Jun 28, 2017
This was a hit with my family. Quick, easy and delicious. Love the tangy sauce.
May 10, 2017
This recipe uses the most basic ingredients, but it is so unbelievably delicious. I'll be grilling these up all summer. I subbed cheddar just as a personal preference, and added a little more bacon (because there's no such thing as too much bacon)!
Mar 21, 2017
This is a very tasty recipe!. The sauce is so tangy and delicious! It was a hit with the whole family!
Feb 26, 2017
I used Kaiser rolls which fit the Purdue perfect portion chicken breasts that I used nicely.