Bacon-Swiss Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; discard drippings.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and salt. Add pork chops to same pan; cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top pork with bacon mixture and cheese. Cook, covered, on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 218 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 18, 2019
Jun 23, 2019
Very good! loved the onion and bacon combo. Didn't have swiss so I used pepper jack - even better!
Jun 12, 2017
We loved this, and I used turkey bacon. My husband thinks it would be even better with just a drizzle of barbecue sauce. Next time...sweet potato fries are good with it!
Dec 16, 2016
The swiss cheese with the pork is a great combo! Really enjoyed this. Mine ended up being a little tougher than I'd like, so next time I'll just be more careful when cooking.
Sep 3, 2016
I thought this was pretty delicious and I'm not much of a pork chop fan!
Jan 28, 2016
Will make this again! Quick, easy, yummy!
Nov 28, 2015
A definite make again! Hubby who is very picky loved it:)
Aug 29, 2015
Easy to make. Very Delicious! All that needs to be said. When it's good, it's good!
Oct 30, 2014
This was so good. If I could I would give it more than 5 stars. My husband who is Mr. Fuzzy loved this. This is a keeper, will make it again and again. And it's so easy to do.
Jun 2, 2014
This recipe couldn't be any quicker or easier to fix, as well as very good!! I had portobello mushrooms on hand so I sliced them and added to bacon and onion mixture.