Pork Chops with Tomato-Bacon Topping
My husband and I collaborated on these pork chops with sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and rosemary. They’re easy enough for any day and fancy enough for special events. —Trisha Klempel, Sidney, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat broiler. In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to drippings; cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix bacon, tomatoes, brown sugar and rosemary.
- Spoon tomato mixture over chops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until brown sugar is melted, 1-2 minutes.