Brunch Pizza Squares
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll crescent dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan; seal seams. Sprinkle with sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 9, 2017
We did not like the crescent rolls. Pizza dough is much better.
Sep 24, 2016
Picky family members approved!I must admit a few minor changes: 1) used pre-cooked turkey sausage links, sliced; 2) added 2 sliced green onions with tops before adding the egg.
Sep 6, 2015
Great recipe, thinking of using for my kids' cooking class! We used sausage links (cut into thin slices) instead of bulk sausage. Love the ease of this recipe and potential for add-ins. Delicious!
May 7, 2015
This is so quick and easy with minimal ingredients.
May 2, 2015
This made a great lunch for after church! I would recommend using a spicy sausage or add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. I knew my group of teenagers would love it and it was eaten very quickly!
Nov 10, 2014
Amazing! Used 1/2 lb of turkey sausage and two extra eggs. It was a hit!
Sep 9, 2013
My family has made this recipe many times and it is delicious every time. Easy to put together and bakes up nicely. We vary ham, breakfast sausage, bacon, etc.
Jul 26, 2013
I made this last week and it was very good. I used a box of frozen breakfast sausage and 1/2 lb of bacon. (I cooked and chopped both the day before to make preparing faster!) I added 6 eggs and 4 tbsp of milk and extra cheese mixed in with the egg and on top. Family loved it! I will make again.
Mar 3, 2013
awesome..also works good with chopped ham in place of the sausage. we also like to make it with green peppers ,onions and mushrooms as well
Dec 25, 2012
Absolutely Delicious! I prepared the sausage the night before and threw the recipe together in about 5 min on Christmas morning. It received rave reviews and I would definitely make it again. I did add 2 more eggs and cooked for a couple minutes more so it had more egg consistency, but it would be fine with the 4 eggs if you want more meat. If you add more eggs, it needs to cook a couple minutes longer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.