Bacon-Topped Mini Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, carrots, green pepper, crackers, 1/2 cup cheese, onion and seasonings in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into five loaves. Arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate; top each with a strip of bacon.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Spread ketchup over tops and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Feb 18, 2015
I love this meatloaf! I made mine in the oven and had to omit the red onion as I didn't have any on hand. Instead I added dried minced onion (1 Tbsp) to the recipe. We'll make this again!
Feb 15, 2014
How hot of an oven for how long?
Feb 26, 2013
Oops! Forgot to add i made this in the oven...
Feb 26, 2013
LOVE this meat loaf! Got it out of the Simple & Delicious Magaizne and don't make meat loaf any other way!! A MUST!
Jan 10, 2013
This is a very delicious meat loaf, i made mine in the oven, i'm not sure i would add the bacon next time, but great flavor. You can leave out the onions and bell pepper and it still taste great.