Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing and onion soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Top with the remaining barbecue sauce. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
Easy to fix but pretty ordinary
Jan 19, 2018
I really liked how quick and easy these were.
Feb 20, 2012
Wow, very tasty. I used crushed ritz. I have toped with barbecue sauce and baked in the oven, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
Sep 16, 2010
i meant to say we used the crushed crackers instead of the crushed stuffing...
Sep 16, 2010
we used crushed ritz butter crackers and baked it, it was awesome!!
Aug 6, 2010
Great quick meatloaf recipe. I chose to bake these at 350º for 35 minutes in a regular oven and they were perfect. Also, extra lean ground beef worked well to reduce the fat content a little. Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce was delicious, but using your own favorite BBQ sauce will probably most satisfying. Also, I used 2 tablespoons of the onion soup mix and next time I will add a 1/2 cup of diced onion. We love that onion flavor!
Jul 21, 2009
I love this recipe but I do not cook with a microwave. I think it turned out much better baked.
Dec 3, 2008