Bacon-Topped Venison Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble venison and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with bacon strips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 352 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 3, 2016
Winner!! Finally a new way to serve ground venison that is not an Italian meat sauce or iin chili (although we love them). I used the last of my ketchup in the meat loaf, so served with bar-b-que on the side. It was fabulous! I will be making this again.
Nov 12, 2012
This was the best meatloaf recipe I have ever had in my life,,,,My husband really does not like game,,but he couldn't even tell the difference,,,,this is now in my recipe box and I will make it many many more times
Nov 3, 2011
This is my favorite way to make Venison. Its so good. Hides all the game flavor.
Dec 2, 2009
Very easy and tasty. I used 2 lbs venison ground with bacon. It worked very well.
Nov 5, 2008
My family loves this meatloaf. It has such a wonderful taste. Those who don't like venison will never know that it is not beef.