The colorful vegetables give this loaf a festive look—and they add so much goodness! Baking it in a casserole gives my meat loaf a unique shape, too, just for something a little different. Our family likes mashed potatoes, soup or salad and biscuits with it.—Audrey Armour, Thamesford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg and bread crumbs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pat mixture into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Unmold loaf to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips