Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Divide bread cubes among four 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Layer with ham, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mustard; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve desired number of quiches. Cool remaining quiches; cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen quiches: Carefully remove frozen quiches from ramekins. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or microwave-safe plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or microwave at 50% power for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 233 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 339mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 23, 2012
Great! Easy! Could use any vegetables. I layer the cheese in rather than mix it with the eggs because all the cheese ended up at the bottom of the eggs.
Jul 16, 2011
I made this dish and put it into the refrigerator overnight. I adjusted recipe by adding a little more of the veggies to each dish. I also used evaporated canned milk for 1/2 of the required amount. Additional changes to milk/egg mixture were 1 drop Tabasco per each egg, 1 t. (total) seasoning salt and a little bit of crumbled dried tarragon. We really liked this dish!