Handy Meat Pies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in parsley, water, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Heat through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, pat 10 biscuits into 4-in. circles. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place over filling; seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour; pierce the top.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 24, 2014
I used "Grands" buttermilk biscuits for this recipe and it was entirely too much bread and not enough meat. Taste was a little bland but that can be doctored up. The amount of bread was the issue that I could not look past.
Dec 22, 2010
Made these for my buddies on card night. All of them said I could make them again anytime. I use them as my testers, so I mixed them up with different kinds of cheese in them. All passed.
Oct 3, 2009
I added tomato paste, jalapeno, sharp cheddar and a little hickory salt. My husband gobbled them up! I will definitely keep this handy!