Hearty Ham Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese. Combine eggs and cream; pour over ham and cheese. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excess browning.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 460 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2013
For some reason, I ended up with a soggy crust on the bottom. Next time will try a glass pie dish and pre-bake the crust a bit. The gang didn't care however; we all thought it had a great combinations of flavors and look forward to having it again.
Jan 14, 2013
Very, very good. Left out the peppers, but made no other changes. My husband loved it.
Apr 11, 2009
Very good. I really enjoyed it.