Ham & Jack Pudgy Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons diced fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons canned sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Top with ham, mushrooms, cheese, salsa and remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 268 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2017
Had to try them just because the name of them amused me. I used slab ham (breakfast leftover), fresh mushrooms sauteed in garlic and fresh homemade Pico de Gallo. Everyone loved them! Served with a crisp salad and fresh fruit - now a go to and have made with bacon too, delish! Thanks for such a fun name on a twist to grilled cheese.
Oct 1, 2012
Very easy and quite tasty!
Jun 21, 2012
This was one great, but I used a multigrain bread instead of sourdough, still turned out fabulous!