Ham & Jack Pudgy Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons diced fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons canned sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Top with ham, mushrooms, cheese, salsa and remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 268 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Nov 12, 2017
Had to try them just because the name of them amused me. I used slab ham (breakfast leftover), fresh mushrooms sauteed in garlic and fresh homemade Pico de Gallo. Everyone loved them! Served with a crisp salad and fresh fruit - now a go to and have made with bacon too, delish! Thanks for such a fun name on a twist to grilled cheese.
Oct 1, 2012
Very easy and quite tasty!
Jun 21, 2012
This was one great, but I used a multigrain bread instead of sourdough, still turned out fabulous!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.