Peachy Ham Slice
Ham is wonderful with fruity flavors so I try it with peaches. I loved it and have been making for years.—Erika Klop, Agassiz, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup; set aside. In a large skillet, brown ham on both sides in butter over medium heat. Remove ham to a platter and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup; stir until smooth. Add to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in peaches and heat through. Add ham slice and heat for 2-3 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1475mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Peachy Ham Slice in Country Woman March/April 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.