Peachy Ham Slice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup; set aside. In a large skillet, brown ham on both sides in butter over medium heat. Remove ham to a platter and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup; stir until smooth. Add to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in peaches and heat through. Add ham slice and heat for 2-3 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1475mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 6, 2018
It was very very yummy! It was so simple yet deliciously elegant. I will most likely increase the amount of cornstarch to 3 teaspoons to get the sauce to thicken next time.
Feb 25, 2013
It was very good! Next time I won't use the butter, it wasn't needed so the sauce was thin. The flavor of the juices with the nutmeg was really yummy!