Apple-Cinnamon Pudgy Pie
I remember the first time I tasted a pie-iron pie. My sister buttered up two slices of white bread while I peeled a Macintosh apple. She sliced the apple thin, arranged it on slice of bread, and poured liberal amounts of white sugar and cinnamon over top. I couldn't believe the magic that came out of that fire! We did them with raspberry jam too. Mmmm. —Monica Kronemeyer DeRegt, Abbotsford, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 small Macintosh apple, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Spread butter over bread slices; place 1 slice in a greased sandwich iron, buttered side down. Top with sliced apples, cinnamon sugar and remaining slice, buttered side up. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown, turning occasionally, 5-7 minutes.