Deep-Dish Ham Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (8 inches)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham, peas and eggs. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square or 11x7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish; place over filling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in the top. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 411 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2015
The taste is nice, but my crust was definitely over done with the time guidelines here. I would add some more color to the recipe next time to brighten it up and add some more flavor.
Dec 27, 2012
This is the BEST recipe EVER for left over ham. Don't have to tweak or add at all. In fact, my husbnd is from Somerset, PA and he was thrilled to have this taste from home. :) Thanks for posting.
Oct 12, 2012
My family loves this recipe. I usually make a bisquick crust instead of a pie crust.
Feb 6, 2012
One of my favorite recipes & one I make often. My family really likes it!!!
Oct 10, 2009
My husband doesn't like peas so I substituted chopped broccoli. It tastes very good. I thought that the boiled eggs in it sounded a little odd but when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised. It really is a great recipe I have made it quite a few times now.