Easy Beef Pies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa con queso dip, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup juices; shred meat with two forks. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in beef and reserved juices.
- Unroll one pastry sheet; cut in half. Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture over half of each pastry to within 1/2 in. of edge. Fold pastry over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with queso dip. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat pastries on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 pie (calculated without queso dip): 752 calories, 46g fat (19g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 921mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 21, 2015
This was very easy to make, and was quite tasty. I didn't prepare the queso dip, which made parts of it quite dry (though it was still good), so I'll make sure the have queso on hand for next time! I like how this could be made with leftover beef roast, or with prepared roast (like Hormel's, etc.) Tip: let your pie crusts warm a bit out of the refrigerator before unrolling. It makes it easier to unroll without breaking.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.