Easy Beef Pies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa con queso dip, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup juices; shred meat with 2 forks. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in beef and reserved juices.
- Unroll 1 pie crust; cut in half. Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture over half of each crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Fold crust over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crust and filling.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with queso dip.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pies in a freezer container. To use, reheat pies on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 pie (calculated without queso dip): 752 calories, 46g fat (19g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 921mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 21, 2015
This was very easy to make, and was quite tasty. I didn't prepare the queso dip, which made parts of it quite dry (though it was still good), so I'll make sure the have queso on hand for next time! I like how this could be made with leftover beef roast, or with prepared roast (like Hormel's, etc.) Tip: let your pie crusts warm a bit out of the refrigerator before unrolling. It makes it easier to unroll without breaking.