Mini Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 58 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Sep 7, 2012
I love the flavor and texture of these corn bread muffins. I like how they don't fall apart easily. Plus, the mini size is pretty cute!!! I also appreciate that the yield of 16 muffins was right on! I will be making these again and trying to freeze some to see how they turn out.
Oct 16, 2011
[quote user="rhobleymattson"] I have made these muffins over and over again. They are great with soup to chili. [/quote]I also made them with whole wheat flour.
Oct 16, 2011
I have made these muffins over and over again. They are great with soup to chili.
Feb 13, 2011
Muffins were OK but could have more flavor.