Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5 turkey hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line nine muffin cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir in hot dogs, cheese and, if desired, jalapeno. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, microwave each muffin on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 216 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 27, 2017
These muffins are an easy-to-make twist on the corn dog. The recipe states the jalapeno is optional but I say that is what makes them so good! It's just a little hint of heat but adds great flavor. I used my favorite homemade corn bread recipe when I mixed up a batch. I think any type of hot dog you like would work. I used the kind I always buy not turkey ones.
Nov 2, 2015
Husband and grandchildren loved these. Next time definitely need to make enough to freeze - they disappeared quickly!!
Aug 17, 2015
Made a great quick and easy lunch . Even hubby liked them!
Aug 11, 2015
My kids LOVE corn dogs so I made the kid-friendly version (no jalape?os) and it was a hit...even with my notoriously picky son!I used Jiffy brand corn bread/muffin mix which has a very subtle sweetness to it. The finished product may have a different flavor with a different brand mix.This a was an incredibly easy recipe using ingredients I just about always have on-hand. It will be perfect for a busy school night and is guaranteed to become part of our regular meal plan!
Aug 7, 2015
I absolutely loved the concept...kid friendly, fast, easy recipe. But my kiddos weren't fans, and husband didn't rave. I am sure others will get a kick out of it though, and it's a fun twist on a fair favorite.
Jul 25, 2015
These were amazing! I made these specifically for my son thinking he would enjoy them. He did but my husband enjoy them more than anybody else. We had no leftovers! I will be tripling the batch next time so I can freeze some.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.