Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 5 turkey hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line nine muffin cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir in hot dogs, cheese and, if desired, jalapeno. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 14-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 30-60 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 216 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 2, 2019
Very easy and delicious! The kids (and adults) loved this! We used fresh sliced jalapenos but otherwise kept it the same! Will definitely make them again!
Feb 27, 2017
These muffins are an easy-to-make twist on the corn dog. The recipe states the jalapeno is optional but I say that is what makes them so good! It's just a little hint of heat but adds great flavor. I used my favorite homemade corn bread recipe when I mixed up a batch. I think any type of hot dog you like would work. I used the kind I always buy not turkey ones.
Nov 2, 2015
Husband and grandchildren loved these. Next time definitely need to make enough to freeze - they disappeared quickly!!
Aug 17, 2015
Made a great quick and easy lunch . Even hubby liked them!
Aug 11, 2015
My kids LOVE corn dogs so I made the kid-friendly version (no jalape?os) and it was a hit...even with my notoriously picky son!I used Jiffy brand corn bread/muffin mix which has a very subtle sweetness to it. The finished product may have a different flavor with a different brand mix.This a was an incredibly easy recipe using ingredients I just about always have on-hand. It will be perfect for a busy school night and is guaranteed to become part of our regular meal plan!
Aug 7, 2015
I absolutely loved the concept...kid friendly, fast, easy recipe. But my kiddos weren't fans, and husband didn't rave. I am sure others will get a kick out of it though, and it's a fun twist on a fair favorite.
Jul 25, 2015
These were amazing! I made these specifically for my son thinking he would enjoy them. He did but my husband enjoy them more than anybody else. We had no leftovers! I will be tripling the batch next time so I can freeze some.