Deluxe Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 dozen (1/2 cup butter)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 26, 2017
Very very bland. Left bad taste in mouth . Threw out the rest of the batch
Jan 4, 2016
These were just OK. I reduced the time since my oven tends to run hot and they were still a little dry. They also don't hold up well as leftovers. I wound up throwing it away. I've found better, more moist corn bread before so I will stick with those recipes.
Dec 29, 2015
These were good not sure they were the best we've had.
Sep 19, 2015
I based my muffins on this recipe, but used yogurt instead of buttermilk (because it's what I had) and fresh corn cut from the cob. They came out quite good.I will make them again -- probably with buttermilk, just for ease of mixing!
Aug 27, 2015
Our family really enjoyed these corn muffins. They had a great taste and were easy to make. They were just a touch crumbly but worked perfect with our vegetable soup. We didn't make the honey butter - but I don't really think you can go wrong with it :)
Jun 17, 2011
I made this to go with some home made chili and they are wonderful. I actually forgot to add the whole kernel corn, and it was still wonderful!
Apr 19, 2011
very good...honey butter makes themyummy!
May 20, 2010
These are the best corn muffins I've ever tasted! And the honey butter is a great treat!~ Theresa
Sep 23, 2009
YUM YUM YUM These muffins were DELICIOUS!!! (with the honey butter!!
Dec 3, 2008
I made these delicious moist muffins and they were a huge hit! So good with the honey butter. My husband loved them!