Orange Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and orange zest. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 161 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 21, 2016
I don't own muffin tins so I made an 8x8 pan of cornbread. It baked 5 extra minutes. Yum! It has a very subtle orange taste. Maybe next time I'd add a bit more zest. I love the fact that the cornbread isn't too sweet.
Oct 6, 2010
A perfect muffin with a cup of tea or coffee. Very light and refreshing. I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe. The flavor is perfectly balanced. Thank you!