Favorite Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and jalapeno.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm muffins.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 21, 2011
This is so good. I'm from conrnbread country and I give it an A+. Don't forget to try the honey butter.
Nov 1, 2010
Really enjoyed these and the honey butter was a great compliment. I used only half jalapeno and it was great - but I may try the whole jalapeno next time.
Oct 28, 2010
Very tasty! I used canned Jalapenos. The honey butter went well with this too.
Apr 28, 2009
Have you tried doubling this recipe? 8 muffins would never be enough for my family.