Feta ‘n’ Chive Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the feta cheese and chives.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 15, 2010
These muffins are fabulous. I added about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Next time I will add more chives than recommended.
May 8, 2009
Very light...excellent warm out of the oven!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.