Feta ‘n’ Chive Muffins
This is a “spring” variation on the savory muffins my husband has made for years. It has a light texture almost like a popover and tastes best eaten hot right from the oven. —Angela Buchanan, Boulder, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the feta cheese and chives.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Savory Feta and Chive Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2006
May 15, 2010
These muffins are fabulous. I added about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Next time I will add more chives than recommended.
May 8, 2009
Very light...excellent warm out of the oven!!!