Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 311 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 1, 2020
The icing on these is fantastic. Gives the rather plain muffins a nice kick. Good combo together. My kids loved them!
Feb 12, 2018
Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor reviewThese are so easy and tasty! I added some lemon zest for a little more zing but they are a stand alone act. They are wonderful even without the glaze! They come out tender and moist. I used Greek plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Batch doubles well. Easily made with what you have in your pantry. I am sure it would be wonderful with orange flavors, too!
Jul 1, 2017
These muffins can double for breakfast and dessert! These are so incredibly moist and flavorful!! We'll try these again and again!!
Feb 18, 2017
These are very light and fluffy muffins and do take some characteristics from their namesake, pound cake. Overall, they are very tasty and well complemented by the lemon glaze, which hardens up with time, but I cannot deny that perhaps they were a little dry and not as perky as pound cake. I wouldn't say this hampers my satisfaction with the recipe, because they were still delicious.
Jul 4, 2015
Very tasty. I love the glaze on top!
May 22, 2014
Love this recipe
Feb 13, 2013
I won't make these again. They are a bit dry and just so-so tasting.
Sep 24, 2012
I was worried after reading that first comment, that these wouldn't turn out right. Then I was worried when I saw how thick the batter was, but chalked it up to using sour cream instead of milk in the recipe. They turned out great! not too sweet, great for breakfast. They weren't the most moist, but next time I may try to take them out of the oven sooner. I baked them exactly 18 minutes. I will be making these again!
Jun 30, 2012
This is an excellent muffin! Very moist. The last reviewer must have made a mistake. I like to add some blueberries and I omit the glaze.
Mar 14, 2012
These were dry and just bland. I can't believe this is a contest winning recipe. Did you even try these when you did the contest? Very disappointing!!!!