Baked Lemon Pound Cake
If you and your family like lemon, you'll love this impressive-looking cake! Every bite is sweet and tart at the same time.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 466 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Cheese Poundcake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.