Low-Fat Corn Muffins
"These quick corn muffins use applesauce in place of oil," explains Gary Raymond of Seattle, Washington. "My friends say they're the best."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine corn, water, egg substitute and applesauce; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's Note: For corn bread, use a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray; bake for 20-25 minutes.