Homemade Corn Muffins with Honey Butter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes16 muffins (1/3 cup honey butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the milk. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Beat butter and honey until blended; serve with warm muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin with 1 teaspoon honey butter : 198 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 15, 2020
Anyone that eats at Cracker Barrel knows that the cornbread muffins DO NOT have sugar in them. Not sweet at all. plain old cornbread.
Nov 5, 2019
Hi Taraclausen, yes you can substitute the full fat ingredients if you'd like in this recipe. I don't see where it would make a big difference with the texture.
Nov 4, 2019
just wondering if i can use full fat milk and cream cheese.
Feb 8, 2018
My daughter brought me a couple of these to eat with my supper last night. They are DELICIOUS! I didn't have the honey butter but they didn't need anything on them. I will make them often.
Jan 19, 2018
sorry to post here, just finished dinner.sorry to say very dry waste of ingreds, just not good.won't be making again
Nov 12, 2017
This is a good recipe. I only ate one tiny piece because this is definitely not low carb. Flavor is good. I'm not opposed to going back and forth between this recipe and my traditional recipe.
Nov 8, 2017
Made these the other night to go with MVP chili - delicious! Honey butter was a nice touch. Got good comments from hubby and guest. Will definitely make again.
Nov 5, 2017
Made these last night to go with some homemade chili. They were excellent and so easy to put together. Made them exact. Next time I make them I will use less sugar, they were just a tad too sweet. Also did not make the honey butter, again because for me the sweetness would have ruined the corn muffin. Just personal preference.But will make again soon, corn muffins are a favorite!!!
Feb 6, 2014
Very easy and good - thank you for sharing!
Jan 23, 2014
I made these today and my husband & I loved them. I also doubled the recipe for the honey butter. It was very good with the muffin. I will be making these again often..Easy recipe.