Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and allspice. Remove 1/2 cup sugar mixture to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in reserved sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 59 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 13, 2017
This recipe is perfectly flavor-balanced! I wanted a bigger cookie, so I made 2-in. balls, and the recipe still yielded 36 cookies. This goes into my permanent collection.
Mar 7, 2016
This is a delicious recipe!
Aug 18, 2015
I like Snickerdoodles and I like Chai so I thought it would be great to put them together. I too bought cardamom for another recipe and it's a great way to use it up. The cookies never last long.
Feb 2, 2015
Loved these. very easy, but a little different than the typical snickerdoodle. I bought cardamom for another recipe, so this is a great way to use it up!
Nov 22, 2014
These were wonderful! A new favorite in our family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.