Chai Chocolate Chip Shortbread
I’ve always loved the taste of chai tea, so I decided to try to incorporate it into one of my recipes. Everyone who samples my shortbread can’t believe how delicious it is. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vanilla chai tea latte mix
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Place flour, sugar, cornstarch and latte mix in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter and vanilla; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add almonds and chocolate chips; pulse until blended.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into six portions; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 5-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Drizzle with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Drizzled Chocolate Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies in Country Woman Magazine - Release to Web 2013 and 2014