Chai Chocolate Chip Shortbread
I’ve always loved the taste of chai tea, so I decided to try to incorporate it into one of my recipes. Everyone who samples my shortbread can’t believe how delicious it is. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vanilla chai tea latte mix
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Place flour, sugar, cornstarch and latte mix in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter and vanilla; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add almonds and chocolate chips; pulse until blended.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into six portions; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 5-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Drizzle with melted chocolate; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.