Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 2 shortbreads (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2014
Awesome cookie that melts in your mouth. I have made with just chocolate and also finely chopped dark chocolate almonds. Any chocolate bar would probably great as well.
Dec 16, 2010
I have made this recipe for many years - and they are delicious!
Dec 16, 2009
I just made this recipe. I did a test sheet the cookies spread and were like lace. I chilled the dough for 2 hours baked as directed the cookies still spread.