Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Dec 7, 2014
Awesome cookie that melts in your mouth. I have made with just chocolate and also finely chopped dark chocolate almonds. Any chocolate bar would probably great as well.
Dec 16, 2010
I have made this recipe for many years - and they are delicious!
Dec 16, 2009
I just made this recipe. I did a test sheet the cookies spread and were like lace. I chilled the dough for 2 hours baked as directed the cookies still spread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.