Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 7-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, Nutella and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Add hazelnuts; mix well.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a disk. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. scalloped round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are light brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 51 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 17, 2019
Help! I followed the recipe verbatim and ended up with a powdery dough that I cannot shape, roll, or even begin to use a cookie cutter with. And I purchased Nutella specially for this recipe. How can I "fix this"???