Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup each white, red, green, yellow and dark chocolate candy coating disks
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in nuts. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. rolls; wrap tightly in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In separate microwave-safe bowls, melt candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 170 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 25, 2017
Dec 15, 2012
My husbands new favorite cookie!!
Dec 10, 2011
I used filberts since that is what I had in the freezer. These cookies are small. They didn't spread out much at all. The flavor and texture are very nice.