Raspberry & Chocolate Shortbread Bars
A very long time ago, when I was a child, I decided that chocolate and raspberries was a combination made in heaven, and that any treat made with these two delicious ingredients would be at the top of my holiday list. Any seedless jam or preserves may be used, but raspberry is our favorite. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Press half of the dough onto bottom of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with spreadable fruit. Crumble remaining dough over fruit. Bake on lowest oven rack 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top; let stand until set. Cut into bars.
Originally published as Chocolate-Glazed Raspberry Shortbread Bars in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.