Raspberry & Chocolate Shortbread Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Press half of the dough onto bottom of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with spreadable fruit. Crumble remaining dough over fruit. Bake on lowest oven rack 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top; let stand until set. Cut into bars.
Aug 17, 2019
Absolutely loved this! A perfect combination of raspberry and chocolate. I would recommend lining the pan with foil to make cutting and cleanup easier. There is a lot of chocolate, probably too much to drizzle, so I spread it on the cooled shortbread. Don't change the amounts. It is perfect as developed.