Chocolate Chip Scones
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut dough into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place 1 in. on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 241 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
Great recipe. I used half and half as I didn't have whipping cream and I used more than 3 tablespoons as the batter was just too dry. It only made 4 but this was just perfect for daughter and me.
Oct 14, 2014
These are so simple and completely perfect! I replaced the chips with blueberries and they were awesome. I don't need another scone recipe!
Mar 5, 2014
Apr 11, 2013
This is my go-to recipe for scones. They're always perfect.
Jan 23, 2011
I added 1/4 cup toasted almonds and 1/2 tsp. almond extract which made them BEST!
Jul 12, 2010
My son made these for a 4-H fair and got a blue ribbon and an Award of Merit on them. We will definitely make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.