Cinnamon Walnut Scones
I often serve an English tea for a group of ladies and I always include these scones. They have such a wonderful flavor.—Candace Stephenson, Port Orchard, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; gently pat into a 7-in. circle, 3/4-in. thick. Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges; place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with buttermilk. Let stand for 15 minutes. Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Walnut Scones in Taste of Home February/March 1997