Merry Christmas Scones
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggnog just until moistened. Stir in pecans and candied cherries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 3, 2013
I had to make a few substitutions as I didn't have all the ingredients on hand. I used dried cranberries and raisins for thecandied fruit and the nuts. They came out very good and were gone by the next morning. I still have some eggnog left so will make a double batch this time.
Dec 20, 2012
These were eaten before I could even get my apron hung up!!
Dec 12, 2010
My mom and I made these for our family Christmas brunch and everyone loved them! They have great eggnog flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. I did have to bake them about five minutes longer than the recipe states, and I separated them a little and covered them with foil about half way through the baking time.
Dec 9, 2010
OMG....absolute pure Heaven....I actually don't have a word good enough to describe the flavor....my sister couldn't speak until she finished several...all I heard were moans of delight. Santa will never go back up the chimney once he gets a bite.....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.