Cinnamon Chip Chai-Spiced Snickerdoodles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. For spiced sugar, mix first 6 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugar and 2 tablespoons spiced sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining spiced sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until set, 11-13 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 26, 2019
This is my favorite snickerdoodle recipe. They are amazing! Very flavorful and soft.
Dec 8, 2018
Recipe was perfect. Cookies are awesome! A new favorite!
Dec 5, 2017
I thought I followed this recipe exactly but my cookies were very dry and they never flattened. Is there perhaps an ingredient missing?