Cinnamon Chip Chai-Spiced Snickerdoodles
I love cinnamon chips and am always looking for a way to use them. Make sure to stock up on them during the holiday season so you have plenty to last during the year. —Marietta Slater, Justin, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. For spiced sugar, mix first six ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugar and 2 tablespoons spiced sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining spiced sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until set, 11-13 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chips Chai Snickerdoodles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.