Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Freeze option: Freeze unfilled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies and fill as directed.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 240 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 15, 2016
The only problem with this recipe is that you will want to eat all of them and/or your family will eat them all before you get to sample one! Absolutely delicious!
Jul 25, 2015
Lots of work but worth it. Do you think put together cookies can be frozen?
Aug 8, 2014
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made. They are so rich and delicious. I'm a true peanut butter lover and will never make any other peanut butter cookie recipe again. Everyone loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.