Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
MakesAbout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Assorted colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-in. to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cookies and decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 151 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 15, 2017
Really nice banana cake. You have really done a nice job. As you have shared the best things for me. Even this recipes can be made in busy time also. It's really special for me. http://cake-delivery.in/kota
Feb 11, 2016
i tried it and it tastes awesome
Mar 13, 2014
I made this and it was a huge hit! I want to make it again, but I don't need 4 1/2 dozen.Can you provide the measurements to only yield 12-14 cookies?
Dec 21, 2013
I enjoyed these cookies although the taste was very mild. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter flavor. When they first set up they were hard but then softened after settin in a covered container.
Aug 8, 2011
Tasteless! I registered just to leave this review. Flour-tasting and dense. Salvaged the batter by adding 4T butter and a 1/4c brown sugar. Better, but not worth making this recipe again. I was making bone shaped cookies for human consumption to celebrate my puppy's first birthday - I literally fed the first batch of cookies to my dog! He liked them, but don't make them for human friends!
Nov 22, 2009
a good cookie.. not one of my favourites tho..
Nov 16, 2009
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, it is wonderful and just what I was lookin for.
Mar 7, 2009
These are great! I placed jelly between two cookies and they tasted just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Dec 30, 2008
I love this recipe! The peanut butter flavor is very subtle so it still tastes very much like sugar cookies should... just with a wonderful twist!