Baked Brunch Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 slices bread
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 12 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spread mustard on one side of six slices of bread. Layer the ham, cheese and tomato over mustard; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of the sandwiches; cut in half. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Jan 25, 2011
So this is a great recipe that you can mess with. You can use turkey or bacon, fruit or different veggies.love itmy only qualm is this: the egg mixture did not cover all of the bottom of the sandwhiches. Maybe next time i will increase the egg mixture.
Jan 21, 2011
Easy and filling!!! Love having these for breakfast!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.