Mint-Cucumber Tomato Sandwiches
I jazzed up the quintessential tea-time cucumber sandwich to suit my family's tastes. This was my absolute go-to sandwich last summer when I was pregnant and it hit all the right spots! —Namrata Telugu, Terre Haute, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Spread butter over 4 slices of bread. Layer with cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt, pepper and mint. Top with remaining bread. If desired, cut each sandwich into quarters.