Mint-Cucumber Tomato Sandwiches
I jazzed up the quintessential tea-time cucumber sandwich to suit my family's tastes. This was my absolute go-to sandwich last summer when I was pregnant and it hit all the right spots! —Namrata Telugu, Terre Haute, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Spread butter over four slices of bread. Layer with cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt, pepper and mint. Top with remaining bread. If desired, cut each sandwich into quarters.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 286 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Mint cucumber tomato sandwich in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.