Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 kaiser or sandwich rolls, split
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until no longer pink.
- Top each with a green chili and cheese slice; cover and grill for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls.
Jun 3, 2014
So good!!!! We added bacon & it was great!!!
Jul 6, 2012
Nov 15, 2008
THIS DISH SOUNDS GREAT. WHAT SOLD ME ON IT WAS THE GREEN CHILI. I'M MAKING THIS TOMORROW. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER RECIPES WITH GREEN CHILI?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.