Blackberry Sriracha Chicken Sliders
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 pretzel mini buns, split
- Addtional Sriracha chili sauce
- Leaf lettuce and tomato slices
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, stir together the first seven ingredients. Add chicken, onion and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove bones and skin; discard. Shred meat with two forks. Reserve 3 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Return chicken and reserved juices to slow cooker; heat through. Using slotted spoon, serve on pretzel buns. Drizzle with additional chili sauce; top with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 352 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 19, 2017
Made a few changes and substitutions. Substituted 3 packets of Splenda for the molasses. used canned chicken, cooked on the stovetop, and served over brown rice! Oh, I also used sugar-free raspberry jam! Delicious!
Apr 1, 2017
OMG.. I proclaim these sliders to be outstanding !! Had a large party, doubled the recipe and had folks ask for more.