Hot Dog Sliders with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2 dozen (2 cups salsa)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup cubed peeled mango (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey and salt until blended. Add pineapple, mango, onion and pepper; toss to coat.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until heated through, 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place hot dogs in buns; cut each crosswise in half. Serve with fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 slider with 1 tablespoon salsa: 146 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2016
I didn't have quite enough lime juice ,so I had to sub the other half with lemon juice. I didn't put in quite that much onion and I'm glad that I didn't. I love this recipe. It's also great served with tortilla chips.