Ranch Chicken Sliders
My 13-year-old grandson loves crack chicken. We always joked how nothing could make it taste better, until one day Avery's eyes lit up and he said, "Let's fry it!" Then our fried crack chicken burger was born. You won't believe how good these little sliders are. —Tamara Hire, Decatur, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 2-3/4 hours + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 cups crushed potato chips or crushed barbecue potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for frying
- 12 mini buns
- Optional toppings: Lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with dressing mix; top with cream cheese. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 165°, 2-1/2 - 3-1/2 hours (mixture may appear curdled). Meanwhile, place pretzels, chips and Parmesan in a food processor; pulse until combined. Reserve 1 cup for sliders. Transfer remaining to a shallow bowl.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; stir to combine. Add reserved 1 cup pretzel mixture; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Combine flour, garlic salt, pepper and paprika in another shallow bowl.
- Shape chicken mixture into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties. Dip patties in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in remaining pretzel mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In an cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry sliders, a few at a time, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve in buns with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders (calculated without optional toppings): 705 calories, 40g fat (12g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1299mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Fried crack chicken burgers in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.